Results tagged ‘ clinic ’
On Friday, December 10th, the Urban Youth Academy hosted a free clinic in hopes of educating the people in attendance how to maintain their baseball diamonds in a professional manner. There were about 50 people in attendance, most of them were high school and college coaches, parents and even a couple of ball players.
The guest speakers were:
- Murray Cook – MLB’s Official Field and Venue Consultant
- Chad Olsen – Brickman Baseball Operations
- Cesar Carbajal – Head of Groundcrew for USC
- Rene Garcia – L.A. Dodgers Growndcrew Member
- Rob Yoakum – Turface Field Representative
- Jon Paul & Kevin Haines – Turf Star TORO
- Paul Wizikowski – Simplot Partners
The clinic was from 9:00am – 3:00pm and the schedule of the event was as followed:
- Careers in grounds keeping and operations
- Two 45 min rotations (1) – Infield Maintenance and Edging by Rene Garcia and Cesar Carbajal (2) – Mound and home plate maintenance dimensions by Chad Olsen and Murray Cook
- Three 30 min rotations (1)- Turf Management and Irrigation Maintenance by Paul Wizikowsi and Kevin Haines (2)- Type of Field Equipment and Maintenance by Jon Paul Brickman and Chad Olsen (3)- Material Demonstration by Rob Yoakum
Below are pictures of all of the action!! Enjoy and hope to see you at our next clinic!
Baseball may be drawing to a close in the Major Leagues, but at the Urban Youth Academy, it’s the time to start teaching the youth the great game of baseball.
This past Saturday, we had our Baseball/Softball clinic at the Academy for kids ages 7-15. With over sixty kids on hand for professional instruction, we can confidently call the day a success.
To change up the blog a little, I’ve posted a flickr slideshow with some pictures to show off the day. I hope everyone had a great time and can’t wait for more baseball!